Sr. Mission Operations Development Engineer (Space/Satellite Systems)
Albuquerque, NM, US
**Must be a US Citizen**
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel: Up 20%
We are seeking a mid to senior level Mission Operations Engineer to support programs in the Albuquerque, NM locations.
The specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide mission operations support to NGIS Satellite programs.
- Support system development activities such as requirements management, architecture development, integration and test and formal program milestones.
- Work with systems engineers to develop operational documentation for use during on-orbit checkout and commissioning of satellites.
- Conduct testing using simulators and resolve discrepancies.
- Work with a small team of engineers in accomplishing Mission Operations Development tasks.
- Develop and test command procedures, telemetry pages, and other products derived from vendor provided documentation
- Develop test procedures and test execution for system level, end-to-end tests with the spacecraft.
- Support mission readiness activities including mission rehearsals, mission timeline development, and post launch test development.
- Support launch, including shift work, for instrument and spacecraft LEO&A activities.
- Monitor vehicle state of health across all subsystems.
- Perform short and long-term telemetry trending.
- Track space vehicle configuration, to include both hardware, software, and configurable item parameters.
- Support anomaly resolution efforts.
- Make modifications to existing operations procedures to incorporate lessons learned from in-flight performance. Develop new procedures as required.
- May require shift work and travel up to 20% of the time for simulation and launch support.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Math with a minimum of 9 years of professional experience OR Masters Degree with 7+ years of professional experience
- Experience with multiple S/C Subsystems (ADCS, CDH, COMM, EPDS, Thermal, FSW)
- Experience with launch campaigns and spacecraft operations
- Support readiness activities such as; Mission Readiness Tests (MRTs), Mission Rehearsals (MRs), Day-in-the Life (DITL) and daily operations testing.
- 2 years of system design experience including the development of system design documents
- 2 years of experience writing technical documents for external customers
- 5 years System Design Experience including the development of system design documents
- Experience working on government systems and/or government process environment
- Experience working on satellite telecommunications systems.
- Experience with a requirements management tool (e.g. DOORS)
- Experience with a configuration management tool (e.g. Clearcase)
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, including ability to make persuasive presentations to external customers.